Monday, April 8, 2019

Future with "will" (Future Simple) VI grade


Functions of the future simple tense

The simple future refers to a time later than now, and expresses facts or certainty. In this case there is no 'attitude'.
The simple future is used:
  • To predict a future event:
    It will rain tomorrow.
  • With I or We, to express a spontaneous decision:
    I'll pay for the tickets by credit card.
  • To express willingness:
    I'll do the washing-up.
    He'll carry your bag for you.
  • In the negative form, to express unwillingness:
    The baby won't eat his soup.
    I won't leave until I've seen the manager!
  • With you, to give orders:
    You will do exactly as I say.
  • With you in the interrogative form, to give an invitation:
    Will you come to the dance with me?
    Will you marry me?
 
Affirmative Negative Interrogative
I will see I won't see Will I see?




You will see You won't see Will you see?
He will see He won't see Will he see?
We will see We won't see Will we see?




They will see They won't see Will they see?






Exercises to Practise

No comments:

Post a Comment